Kevin Crotty, professor of Classics at Washington and Lee University
К. Crotty chaired the Classics Department from 1999 to 2010.
He is a manuscript reader for the Oxford University Press, Transactions of the American Philological Association, Classical Review and Classical Quarterly.
- Harvard Law, JD 1984
- Yale Ph.D. (Classics) 1975
- Columbia University, BA 1971
Myth, Archaic Greek Poetry, Plato, Legal Theory
- CLAS 201: Classical Myth
- CLAS 208: Classical Epic Tradition from Homer to Joyce
- Democracy, Law and Litigation in Ancient Athens
- Several Courses in Advanced Ancient Greek, including: Homer, Tragedy, Greek History, Greek Philosophy
- The Philosopher’s Song: The Poets’ Influence on Plato (Lanham, Md.: Lexington Books, 2009)
- Law’s Interior: Legal and Literary Constructions of the Self (Ithaca: Cornell University Press, 2001)
- The Poetics of Supplication: Homer’s Iliad and Odyssey (Ithaca: Cornell University Press, 1994)
- Song and Action: The Victory Odes of Pindar (Baltimore: Johns Hopkins University Press, 1982)