Dmitry Smirnov (January 25, 1980, Ivanovo, Russian Federation) is a Doctor of Sciences, a Professor, philosopher, author of the noospheric history paradigm. His research interests include interdisciplinary studies in the fields of philosophy of consciousness and artificial intelligence, semiotics, education and globalistics (global studies). To date, he has published 3 books and over 100 articles. He is Head of the Philosophy Department of Ivanovo State University (2010 – until now) as well as Editor-in-Chief of the academic journal Noospheric Studies (ISSN 2307-1966).
Professor of the Department of Foreign Languages and Professional Communications of Ivanovo Fire and Rescue Academy of State Fire Service of the Ministry of Emergency Situations of the Russian Federation (2012–2021).
Senior Researcher of the Politology Department of St. Petersburg State University (2019).
2010–2012 – doctoral program at Philosophy Department of Ivanovo State University; doctoral dissertation (DSc): Ontological and epistemological foundations of noospheric history: universal-semiological and system-synergetic approaches
2002–2005 – postgraduate program at Philosophy Department of Ivanovo State University; candidate thesis (PhD): Philosophical and methodological analysis of the noosphere and semiosphere interaction
1997–2002 – History Department of Ivanovo State University (Honors degree).
1986–1997 – Ivanovo advanced English School # 30.
Main stages of scientific activity
2002–2011 – research of the global semiosphere concept as a representant of the noospheric dynamics, conceptualizing the methodology of universum semiotics;
2012–2018 – research of the noospheric history concept as the process of mind self-improvement, conceptualizing the methodology of semiotic determinism;
2018–until now – research of the noospheric security concept as a co-evolution of natural mind and artificial intelligence
- (2012) Noospheric Idea and Noospheric History: An Introduction to Universal Cliosophy, Ivanovo: Ivanovo State University (in Russian).
- (2011) Universe of Signs: Noosphere versus Semiosphere, LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing (in Russian).
- (2008) Semiosophy of the Noospheric Universe: Noosphere and Semiosphere in Global Discourse, Ivanovo: Ivanovo State University (in Russian).
Recent relevant articles
- (2020) The Limitations and Boundlessness of the Noospheric Man through the Prism of the Ethology of Closedness and Openness, Етически изследвания, бр. 5, кн. 3: 223–231 (in collaboration) (in Russian).
- (2020) Ethos of (Self)Limitation: Noospheric Aspectisation, Етически изследвания, бр. 5, кн. 3: 210–222 (in collaboration) (in Russian).
- (2019) Cephalization of the Noosphere: Socio-Philosophical Aspects, Philosophy and Cosmology, Vol. 22: 137–143 (in collaboration) (in English).
- (2018) Semiotics of International Relations: Gender Dimension (State of the Problem), Woman in Russian society, no. 4 (89): 60–70 (in Russian).
- (2017) The Global Ethos of the Perfect Human: The Filo Discourse of Basic Moral Relations, Етически изследвания, бр. 2, кн. 2: 215–230 (in collaboration) (in Russian).
- (2017) In Search of a Noospheric Language: Actualization and Problematization of Global Consciousness, Bulletin of the Ivanovo State University. Series: Humanities, no. 2 (17): 5–14 (in Russian).
- (2017) Sustainable Development, Global Consciousness and Noospheric History, Bulletin of the Ivanovo State University. Series: Humanities, no. 3 (10): 76–82 (in Russian).
- (2016) Global consciousness of humanity in the discourse of noospheric research, Bulletin of the Ivanovo State University. Series: Humanities, no. 2 (16): 84–93 (in Russian).
- (2016) Semiology of Global Consciousness: Towards a Problem Statement, Noospheric Studies, no. 1-2 (13-14): 134–150 (in Russian).